Bulls For Sale
Gwendolyn Sue Ranch
Rush Springs, OK
Jim Kraugh 405-514-0706
Castonguay Red Angus
Bryce & Chelsea Castonguay 405-368-5939
Timber Creek Ranch
Randy & Tammy Glascock 940-367-6245
Creswell Red Angus
Rick & Charlotte Creswell 806-683-6098
Frozen Genetics Available
Leis Creek Cattle Co
Karmen Landers 501-831-5911
Submit an Ad
Advertise with Us!
Welcome to the Oklahoma Red Angus Association. We are dedicated to promoting the Red Angus breed in Oklahoma and across the United States through livestock shows, industry events, association sales and educational events.
We hope this site will provide you with information and contacts for members of our association. Please contact us with any questions or to get involved.
If you would like a directory, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to send one to you.
Jeffries Red Angus Annual Bull & Female Sale
JCL Red Angus Fall Online Sale
3rd Annual Production Sale
Bayou Creek Ranch
Red, White & Baldie Female Production Sale
Red Dirt Roundup Fall Sale
Bull Test & Sale Guidelines
- Membership Requirements
- Consignor must be a current member in good standing with OKRAA
Bull Registration & Age Requirements
- Bulls will be fed at Alfadale Stock Farm 1200 N. ALFADALE RD. El Reno, OK 73036 PHONE 405-262-1894
- Bulls will be sold at the Reds in the Heartland Sale hosted at OKC West Livestock Market on April 2, 2022
- Must be in R status with the RAAA as of sale date.
- Must be a 1A or 1B with the RAAA.
- No Categories 2 or 3 will be allowed
- Fall born bulls birthdates will be September 1, 2020 thru November 30, 2020
- Winter/ spring born bulls with birthdates of December 1, 2020 thru March 15, 2021
Health & Soundness Requirements to Enter Test
- Entry fee
- There is a $50 nomination entry fee per bull.
- Entry fee is nonrefundable and will not be applied to any sale expenses.
- Bulls must be weaned 30 days prior to delivery date
- Weaning information must be entered in RedsPro with the RAAA
- Must be tattooed with legible id numbers and herd prefixes
- All bulls will be assigned a feedlot identification number for the test
- Bulls are required to have either an EID tag or USDA issued silver tag.
- Bulls being trained to eat from a feed bunk is not required but is recommended
- Bulls will be fed for a two week warm up period before official start weight is taken on October 15, 2021
- Bulls will be tested in 2 groups – Fall and Winter/Spring
Health & Soundness Requirements to be Met During Test to Make Sale
- Bulls that are 12 months of age or will be by November 1, 2021 must have a minimum 30 cm scrotal measurement.
- Health Requirements
- Bulls must have a BVD PI Negative Test.
- Bulls must have two doses of respitory and colostridial vaccinations. These should include IBR,BVD TYPE 1&2, PI3,BRSV, Colostridial 7,8, or 9 way. Pasturella Haemolytica and Pasturella Multiocida.
- Bulls must be Dewormed
- Bulls must be vaccinated for warts.
- Booster IBR, dewormer and delicer will be given at feed yard.
- Free from Blemishes, pink eye, ring worm, warts etc.
- Must be sound and free from hoof deformities
- Bulls must have a 2.5 ADG at the end of the test.
- Bulls must have a minimal scrotal measurement of 32 cm.
- Bulls must pass a Breeding Soundness Exam. Results of exam will be provided at the sale.
- Bulls must be structurally sound and free of any hoof deformities.
- Bulls must have a negative trich test. Results of test will be provided at the sale.
- Bulls must be free of warts, blemishes, pink eye, ring worm, etc.
- Bulls must have a desirable disposition to be sold
- Feed Yard will have a health paper accompanying each bull to the sale
- Entry Fees
- Entry fee is non refundable
- Sale Expense will be a minimum 15%
No Sale Fee will be the commission multiplied by the last bid through the sale ring.
- Example a $3000 animal through the sale will net $2550 to owner
- Example a $1500 animal through the sale will net $1275.
- No bulls may be removed from the test by the consignor without penalty
- If a bull is removed from the test for any reason other than by the test committee or test facility, the consignor will be assessed commission on the average of all bulls through the sale.
- Example, if the average of the bulls are $3500 and the commission is 15%, the consignor will be required to pay $525 on the animal removed from the test
- The feed yard will be responsible for picturing and videoing each bull for the sale.
- Consignor will be responsible for the expense of the photos and videos, which will be deducted from the settlement sheet.
- The consignor will be responsible for footnotes of their animal.
- Retail price is $500 for a full page, 1⁄2 page $300, business card $100.
- Consignors will receive 50% discount for ads placed in the catalog.
- The feed yard will assess each consignor a feed bill during the test
- The feed yard will assess each consignor for any veterinary services such as vaccinations, worming, semen evaluations, issuance of health papers, etc.
- The feed yard will assess each consignor for clipping services to prepare animals for picture and video day
BULLS TEST SCHEDULE
- September 30
- Bull nomination entry forms are due.
- Friday, October 1
- Bulls start delivering to Alfadale Stock Farm
- Bulls will be checked in and processed on these two days.
- Saturday, October 2
- Last day to deliver bulls to Alfadale.
- Bulls should be delivered by 4:00 p.m.
- October 15
- Official start weight taken.
- November 12
- 28 day weight on spring and fall bull groups
- Fall bulls will scanned and carcass data collected for IMF,REA, and BF.
- January 12
- 60 day weight will be taken on both groups.
- February 5
- Final weight for fall bull group. 112 days.
- Springs will not be weighed this day.
- February 19
- Final weight for spring group.
- Spring group will be scanned for carcass data, IMF, REA, and BF.
- March 3-March 30
- Breeding soundness exams (BSE).
- All bulls will be fertility checked and trich tested to qualify for sale
- April 1
- Bulls delivered to OKC West Livestock for viewing for the Sale.
- April 2
- The Reds in the Heartland Sale at OKC West Livestock
Test committee and test facility have right to refuse any bull deemed unacceptable for sound animal husbandry practices.
All decisions by the Test Committee is final.
All animals will be guaranteed by the seller as outlined in the Red Angus Association of America code of ethical sale practices.
*This schedule will be followed to the best of our ability. Changes may occur to scheduling due to weather and/or other conditions.*